Acadia Consulting is a bipartisan political consulting firm that provides strategy, research, and management services for advocacy and member engagement campaigns. While we recruit talent from all sides of the spectrum, for this project, we seek an individual with conservative political credentials. Whereas the campaign will be executed in a bipartisan manner, we require someone who is capable of providing insight into and who can credibly engage with Republican leaders and officials, if necessary. The National Field Director will provide training, guidance, and oversight of a multistate team of bipartisan staff.
In addition to meeting the qualifications below, ideal candidates must have a demonstrated track record of preparing and developing staff to succeed and must possess relevant experience in managing field, political, advocacy, or legislative campaigns at a senior level. We are looking for a politically savvy and polished individual who can interact with clients, engage their team, and communicate effectively with the Acadia Principals. Our client is taking on a big task of national importance and we are looking for someone who wants to be part of something big and capable of being successful with the challenge.
This is a full-time, term-limited position, based out of our Washington, DC office. Relocation expenses are not available. Pay is competitive.
We are seeking someone who is available to begin no later than April 15, 2017. The position will last through October 31, 2017, but there is a strong possibility of being extended.
This position will report to the Principals of Acadia Consulting.
- Work seamlessly with client’s Campaign Manager, Acadia Principals, and senior project manager to execute a field strategy and achieve campaign goals
- Manage a team of national staff and provide guidance and direction for state staff
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop state plans, set priorities, monitor metrics, and establish regular reporting systems
- Help establish systems to hold staff accountable in order to ensure goals are met
- Work with partners to ensure proper staff onboarding and provide leadership for staff training
- Work with partners to maintain program budget
- Motivate staff and create a positive, productive work environment
- Work collaboratively with operations staff to ensure proper resource deployment
- Support quality control measures to ensure data integrity and data security
- Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc reports as requested
- Minimum eight (8) years of professional work experience. At least four (4) years of experience working in field, political, advocacy, or legislative campaigns at a mid to senior level
- Previous experience as a campaign manager, field director, political director, advocacy director or the equivalent working with or for Republicans is strongly preferred
- Prior experience writing, developing, and executing all or part of a large complex campaign plan; setting and meeting goals is preferred
- Ability to work with and lead staff across the political spectrum in a nonpartisan manner
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate teams and work effectively in a team environment in both a lead and support role
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships
- Good working knowledge of the national political process and awareness of the current political environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive situations and use good judgment
- Ability to work independently within context of a plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position comes with excellent health benefits and employer-paid vision and dental coverage.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter online at acadiaconsultingllc.applytojob.com or email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Acadia Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer